1.10.2013

Rider Fitness

Today Finn gets the day off. But that doesn't mean I do. I've been thinking lately about my own fitness and how much it effects my riding ability. During our 40 minute lesson yesterday we didn't get a single walk break and at the end of the 40 minutes both me and Finn were sweating and breathing heavy. Ever since having my daughter, who will be two this year, my stamina has gone way down. I used to be able to hop on, ride for hours, and still have lots of energy. Now, my muscles are sore, my core is not tight, and my flexibility is horrible. I know that when I do an hour of yoga or pilates it really effects my ability to ride. For a few months I was either walking every day with my daughter in the jogging stroller, or doing yoga/strength training after she went to bed at night. But ever since winter has arrived I have not been motivated at all and I've been weak and flopping around in the saddle. This week I started doing yoga again and my muscles are really feeling it. I know that if I want to meet my 2013 goals I really need to keep it up on a regular basis!

1 comment:

  1. You and me both... I need to get on a workout plan too...

    ReplyDelete