7.19.2014

Coming together

First off...I got the job! After the in person interview I was fairly confident that I was the right fit. I am so excited to start in a few weeks. For the first time in almost three years I will get vacation time (3 weeks!), have weekends off, and get to leave work at work. I'll also be making double what I'm making now and that will be amazing!

Avalon got a bath this week. This time I washed her with Dawn and it did a very good job on her mane and tail.  She even let me hose her face. I think I'm going to wrap her tail in the fall after a few more good washes so that it will stop getting so dirty.

Tonight I worked with her in a saddle pad and surcingle and hope to attach long lines this week.











She is just absolutely thriving at this barn. She's covered in dapples and growing like a weed!


I feel like everything is coming together. With her, the barn, the job. The next step is finding a trainer to work with us on the ground and breaking her to drive. I won't be breaking her to ride until she is 3.5-4, but would like to find someone that will work with us consistently on the ground. 


4 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! That is awesome :)

    IN late fall, I wrap up Shy's tail until spring. Keeps it clean and keeps the mud/ice out of it. It also grows a bunch. I do take it out a few times to brush and re-wrap.
    Avalon is really looking good! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Allison!!!! I just absolutely love her. What do you use to wrap Shy's tail? I got a tail wrap but it is feels like pee, rain, etc will go right through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the job!! It sounds like it'll be a great place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear this goo news for you ... both!

    ReplyDelete